Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in ordering this product.
Rega Planar 3 Turntable with Exact Cartridge
The new Planar 3 with factory fitted Exact Cartridge takes design to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music. Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
- Includes factory fitted Rega Exact cartridge
- What Hi-Fi? Product of the year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- RB330 precision tonearm
- Double brace technology
- 24 V low noise, low vibration motor
- 12 mm float glass opti-white polished platter
- Supplied with clear dust cover as standard.
- Compatible with Rega Neo turntable power supply (sold separately)
- High gloss plinth with three colour options
- Advanced EBLT drive belt fitted as standard from March 2021
- New design 100g mild steel balance weight.
- Rega made, new low capacitance phono cable with Neutrik plugs
- Improved lower friction, precision horizontal and vertical bearings
RB330 tonearm – Designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology, the new RB330 is the culmination of more than 35 years of tonearm design experience. Featuring a brand new bearing housing, and our latest tonearm tube designed using intelligent redistribution of mass ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance. Extreme stability with almost friction free movement from the new high precision bearing assemblies guarantees to gather more information from your vinyl than ever before.
Featuring a new bias assembly, re-designed stiffer vertical bearing housing, integrated arm clip and an improved spring housing with easier to read numbers.
Plinth – High gloss acrylic, laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance, ergonomically positioned power switch.Three plinth finishes available gloss black, white and red.
Double braces – Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace.
Bearing housing – Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself.
Re-designed foot – New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
24V motor – Improved new motor control PCB with integration for the addition of Neo PSU for electronic speed change and improved advanced anti-vibration circuit (sold separately).
Motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 6kg